Peanut butter and chocolate: they’re my food dream team. Sorry peanut butter and jelly, you’re good too, but peanut butter and chocolate have a special place in my heart. That’s why when I came across a recipe for cereal bars using peanut butter and plain old cheerios, I couldn’t help but think how much better they would be with chocolate. The original recipe was a bit sticky and overly sweet for me, so I decided to try it again, playing around with the ratios of honey and peanut butter. Fortunately for me, I had all three ingredients needed for this recipe in my pantry.
P.S. Thank you Cheerios for making a chocolate version that is gluten free! (No, this is not a sponsored post, I just love chocolate and Cheerios.)
These cereal bars are seriously good. When my sister tried one, she exclaimed “These would be perfect to bring to a potluck as a dessert! Everyone would love them!” If you find yourself packing snack cakes and cookies in your (or your kid’s) lunches each day, these healthier cereal bars are surprisingly rich and could make the perfect substitute! They’ve become my favorite substitute for gluten free Oreos. And the best
thing things about them? They’re gluten free, made with 3 ingredients, no baking required, and can be prepped in under five minutes. FIVE MINUTES! So easy and so delicious.
- 4 cups Chocolate Cheerios
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup peanut butter
- Line a 9x13 baking dish or pan with parchment paper.
- Place cheerios in large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine honey and peanut butter.
- Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until honey and peanut butter mixture is smooth. (It only took about 60 seconds total in my microwave.)
- Pour honey and peanut butter mixture over cheerios and stir until well combined.
- Spread into 9x13 dish and place in freezer for 30 to 60 minutes. If the bars are not holding together after 30 minutes, freeze for the full 60 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!
Love no bake recipes? Check out my other no bake favorite below, and then share your favorite no bake recipe with me in the comments!