Gluten-Free M&M Cookie Bars: Easy and delicious; your friends won’t believe they’re gluten-free! These soft and chewy bars are great for Christmas cookie exchanges and parties. Swap out the red and green m&m’s with traditional colors for a cookie recipe that’s perfect year round!
Gluten-Free M&M Cookie Bars
I’ve mentioned it before- cookies are a weakness of mine. There are few things better than a warm, fresh baked cookie. Or in this case, fresh baked cookie bars.
When I first developed gluten-intolerance, I thought fresh baked cookies that actually tasted like real cookies were a thing of the past. That’s why I was so excited when I realized that the right gluten-free flour can make cookies so good that no one can tell they’re gluten-free!
I’ve tried most of the gluten-free flours available at our local grocery store, and the best by far has been Bob’s Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour. We discovered last month that our Sam’s Club carries large bags, so I’ve had plenty of fuel for baking lately!
Do you have a favorite gluten-free flour? I’d love to try it. Leave a comment below to tell me about it!
Seriously, these bars are dangerously good, and no one will know they’re gluten-free. In an attempt to prevent myself from eating the entire pan of cookies, I brought these to a get-together with friends. They loved them! They also passed the test at a family get together. If you’re looking for a gluten-free cookie recipe that your friends and family will love, grab the recipe below!
- 2¼ cups gluten-free flour (Bob's Gluten-Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour recommended)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks) -see note
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups M&M's
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9x13 casserole dish or pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, both sugars and vanilla in large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Stir in M&M's.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool and cut into 32 pieces