Low-Carb Parmesan Herb Bread (Gluten-Free): A savory, flavorful low-carb bread option!
Lose the Carbs, Not the Bread
Though I’m not on a low-carb diet at the moment, I’ve been there before. One of the things I missed the most while doing low-carb, even more than desserts, was bread. What good was it to be on a diet that is mostly meat with no bread to put it on? Calories in cream cheese suddenly didn’t matter, and I could have all the butter I wanted, but no bread to spread it on.
When I discovered recipes for low-carb bread using ground flax seed, I was all for trying them out. This recipe is a combination of the best qualities of many different recipes that I’ve tried, resulting in a delicious, low-carb and gluten-free bread.
So Many Ways to Enjoy
With a hearty texture and rich flavorful taste, this bread is delicious on it’s own. Enjoy a slice fresh out of the oven, or with a bowl of your favorite low-carb soup (like our Low Carb Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Soup).
Missing toasting a bagel in the morning? Spread some cream cheese on a slice or two of this bread. No matter how you choose to enjoy it, you won’t regret making this easy, low-carb bread recipe.
Gluten Free Parmesan Herb Bread
- 1 & ¼ cup golden flax seed meal
- ½ cup + 2 TBS grated parmesan cheese
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat eggs.
- Mix butter and apple cider vinegar into the eggs.
- Pour egg mixture into the dry mix and stir to combine.
- Let mixture sit while you prepare a loaf pan. Lightly grease the pan. For best results, cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pan and lay across the bottom.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.