Monster Breakfast Cookies: Full of heart-healthy ingredients and gluten-free whole grains, these cookies make a healthy, filling, and delicious breakfast, snack or dessert.
Cookies for breakfast? Yes please!
Full of heart healthy ingredients, like cholesterol lowering oats and Cheerios, along with fiber filled and Omega-3 rich ground flax seed, you can enjoy these cookies for breakfast without any guilt!
These monster breakfast cookies are also toddler approved. G doesn’t enjoy a bowl of oatmeal or plain cheerios, but gets her fill of both with these cookies. And because they’re “monster” cookies, just half of a cookie and some fresh fruit are plenty to get her day started.
Breakfast, Snack, or Dessert?
These cookies are huge. Grab one or two with a piece of fruit for a quick, healthy and filling breakfast. Take one along for a quick snack or enjoy one as a healthy dessert option. With no refined sugar, and only 2/3 cup of honey in the entire recipe, these cookies are a delicious and healthy alternative to the traditional cookie.
- 2½ cups gluten-free oats
- 4 cups Cheerios
- ½ cup ground flax seed (see note)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅔ cup honey
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oats and cheerios in a food processor or blender and blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine coconut oil, peanut butter and honey. Microwave in 30 seconds and stir.
- Continue to microwave in 30 seconds increments until able to stir completely smooth and combine with egg, mashed banana and vanilla extract.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Drop by ⅓ cup scoops (I use an ice cream scoop) onto a parchment lined baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!