No-Churn Peppermint Stick Ice Cream: No ice cream maker? No problem! This easy, 5 ingredient, no-churn peppermint stick ice cream is made using everyday kitchen tools.
I had a strong urge to turn on Christmas music yesterday. It could have been the overcast and cool weather, or because our second daughter is due just four days after Christmas, or maybe it’s because on Halloween our family dressed as Santa, Mrs. Clause and Rudolf to hand out over five hundred candy canes to the hundreds of trick or treaters that hit our neighborhood every year.
This morning, when I woke up to weather in the 50’s (that’s cold here in Florida!), I knew it was time to let in at least a little Christmas spirit. What better way to start anticipating the season than with an easy, seasonal, homemade treat?
An Easy Christmas Treat
Easy is the key word here. I always love simple recipes, but now that I’m eight months pregnant, and chasing a very active toddler, easy is all I have the energy for most days.
With just five ingredients and a fifteen minute prep time, this recipe is a cinch to whip up! I prepped some while G played this morning. By the time she went down for her nap I had delicious no-churn peppermint stick ice cream ready to eat!
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch fine salt
- 2 cups heavy cream (cold)
- 1 or 2 candy canes (crushed, see note)
- Chill a 9x5x3 metal loaf pan in the freezer.
- Combine milk, vanilla and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Whip heavy cream with a mixer on medium-high until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold 1 cup of the whipped cream into the milk mixture using a rubber spatula, then fold milk mixture into the remaining whipped cream until well blended.
- Pour into chilled loaf pan, cover and freeze about 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Swirl in peppermint pieces with a spoon and place back in freezer. (Consistency should be like soft serve at this point.)
- Continue to freeze until hard, about 3 more hours.
- Grab your ice cream scoop, a bowl or cone, and enjoy!
Love peppermint? Don’t miss my Peppermint Bark No Bake Cookies (Gluten-Free!).