Gluten-Free Valentine Muddy Buddies: Chocolate, peanut butter, powdered sugar, gluten-free Chex cereal and Valentine M&M’s make a delicious Valentine’s Day treat in this easy, no bake recipe that takes just 5 minutes of prep!
So so easy
If you have five minutes to spare, you have time to prep a batch of these delicious Valentine Muddy Buddies. This recipe is seriously so easy. I was even able to make a bowl of Valentine Muddy Buddies with my two-week old and my 21 month old toddler in the house.
This is also a recipe that kids can easily help with. No oven, and no stove top cooking (unless you prefer to melt your chocolate in a double boiler instead of the microwave).
Just throw the cereal in a large bowl, microwave peanut butter, chocolate chips and butter in a small bowl, mix it all together, throw in some powdered sugar and mix to coat, then add the M&M’s!
Make Some to Share
There are so many ways to enjoy these Valentine Muddy Buddies. Make some as an easy and festive filler for classroom goody bags, throw some in a mini mason jar as a cute gift for friends, bring some to a party, or make a bowl as a late night snack.
Optional: Make it Sweet and Salty
This recipe is delicious, and very sweet. If you prefer a sweet and salty mix, toss in a cup or two of salted peanuts, or add mini pretzels (make sure to use gluten-free pretzels if serving to a gluten-intolerant crowd).
- 9 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 to 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup Valentines M&M's
- Place cereal in a large bowl.
- Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave uncovered on high for 1 minute. Stir and continue to microwave in 30 second increments until able to stir completely smooth.
- Stir in vanilla, then pour mixture over cereal, stirring to evenly coat.
- Pour 2 cups powdered sugar into the bowl and mix to coat the cereal. Add remaining cup as needed. (See note)
- Once mixture is cool, add M&M's.
- Store in air tight container.
For a salty/sweet mix, add 1 cup salted peanuts and/or mini pretzels to the mix.
What’s your favorite Valentine’s Day treat?